In life, the most perfect aim is for istishadi through jihad, and the martyr will receive bountiful gifts in paradise. Men will receive 72 virgins in the hadith corpus.
- 1 How many virgins do Islam promise?
- 2 Does the Quran say you get 72 virgins?
- 3 What is the concept of 72 virgins in Islam?
- 4 What does the Quran say about virgins?
- 5 What is the meaning of 72 Hoor?
- 6 What is Hoor in Islam?
- 7 Who wrote the Quran?
- 8 How do you go to heaven in Islam?
- 9 Who wrote the first hadith book?
- 10 What is Hadith in Islam?
- 11 What does Hadith mean in English?
- 12 What does the Quran say about martyrs?
- 13 Is losing your virginity a sin in Islam?
- 14 Is it okay to lose virginity before marriage?
- 15 How many virgins are there?
- 16 Virgins? What virgins?
- 17 Do female suicide bombers get 72 virgins too?
- 18 ‘Raisins,’ not ‘Virgins,’ Quran scholars say
- 19 Subscribe to our global nation newsletter
- 20 Opinion
- 21 How Muslims Lie About Islam’s Promise of 72 Virgins in Heaven
- 22 Executive Summary
- 23 Introduction
- 24 Our References for This Article
- 25 The Evidence for Mohammed Promising 72 Virgins
- 26 How ISIS Translates Houri.and it is Not Raisins
- 27 The Reality of What Mohammed Promised in Heaven
- 28 The Letter of Intimidation Based Upon a Jihadi Army
- 29 Slaves in the Paradise?
- 30 Conclusion
- 31 72 Black-Eyed Virgins?
- 32 Will My IS Militant Husband Prefer His Houris Over Me When He’s Dead?
- 33 CNN.com – Why young Muslims line up to die
How many virgins do Islam promise?
Executive Summary. Muslims are embarrassed about the promise of 72 virgins in heaven.
Does the Quran say you get 72 virgins?
“Nowhere in the Quran does it promise 72 virgins, 70 virgins, 48 virgins. … The Arabic word for ‘virgin’ has been mistranslated. The original [word] that was used in the Quran was the word for raisin, not virgin. In other words, that martyrs would get raisins in heaven, not virgins,” Manji said.
What is the concept of 72 virgins in Islam?
The closest reference to “72 virgins” comes from a saying of the Prophet Muhammad, ” The smallest reward for the people of Paradise is an abode where there are 80,000 servants and 72 companions, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine, and ruby, as wide as the distance from Al-Jabiyyah [a Damascus
What does the Quran say about virgins?
Quranic description of Virgins in heaven In the tafsirs and commentaries on the Quran, Houris (virgins in heaven) are described as: 36:55 “Companions”, 37:48 “with large and beautiful eyes”, 38:52 “companions of modest gaze well matched (at thirty-three years of age according to some commentators) ”
What is the meaning of 72 Hoor?
The concept of 72 hoors is mentioned in Hadith – the sayings of Muhammad. According to Hadith, the messenger of God said, ” Every one that God admits into the paradise will be married to 72 houries (wives) who are beautiful and virgins, with whom they can have eternal physical satisfaction “.
What is Hoor in Islam?
Hoors are untouched pious women: Hoors are the wives of Muslim men in Jannah. Allah has created and kept them for Muslim men in a way that man or Jinn has ever touched them. The Hoors are loving and caring: When Allah has said that they will be our loyal wives, there is no point to think twice.
Who wrote the Quran?
The Prophet Muhammad disseminated the Koran in a piecemeal and gradual manner from AD610 to 632, the year in which he passed away. The evidence indicates that he recited the text and scribes wrote down what they heard.
How do you go to heaven in Islam?
Jannah is Paradise, where those who have been good go. It is described in the Qur’an as “gardens of pleasure” (Qur’an 31:8). Muslims believe they get to Paradise by living religiously, asking Allah for forgiveness and showing good actions in their life. These good actions will be rewarded on the Last Day.
Who wrote the first hadith book?
Muwatta Imam Malik is usually described as “the earliest written collection of hadith” but sayings of Muhammad are “blended with the sayings of the companions”, (822 hadith from Muhammad and 898 from others, according to the count of one edition).
What is Hadith in Islam?
The Hadith is the collected traditions of the Prophet Muhammad, based on his sayings and actions. Each hadith usually begins with the chain of the narrators (isnad) going back to the time of the Prophet Muhammad and his companions, which is then followed by the text of the tradition itself.
What does Hadith mean in English?
Hadith, Arabic Ḥadīth ( “News” or “Story” ), also spelled Hadīt, record of the traditions or sayings of the Prophet Muhammad, revered and received as a major source of religious law and moral guidance, second only to the authority of the Qurʾān, the holy book of Islam.
What does the Quran say about martyrs?
Quran 2:154 states: “ Do not say regarding those who are slain in the path of God that they are dead; rather they are alive but you are not aware.” Quran 3:169 states: “Do not consider as dead those who are slain in the path of God; rather they are alive and well-provided for in the presence of their Lord.”
Is losing your virginity a sin in Islam?
Losing one’s virginity outside of marriage is a major sin regardless of gender; a sin one can repent from however. Again, culturally, marrying someone, especially a girl, who had lost their virginity outside of marriage is mostly considered to be highly undesirable.
Is it okay to lose virginity before marriage?
If a woman is forced into giving up her virginity, if the sex is not consensual, then it’s a violation of the woman, her body, and her agency. And that answers your question: no, having sex before marriage does not make you a bad woman.
How many virgins are there?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the average age Americans lose their virginity (defined here as vaginal sexual intercourse) is 17.1 for both men and women. The CDC also reports that virgins make up 12.3 percent of females and 14.3 percent of males ages 20 to 24.
Virgins? What virgins?
During an interview with Hamas activist Muhammad Abu Wardeh, which broadcast on the American television station CBS in August 2001, Abu Wardeh admitted to recruiting terrorists for suicide bombs in Israel. According to reports, Abu Wardeh said: “It was my pleasure to explain to him how God would repay the martyr for giving his life in defense of his homeland. If you are willing to be a martyr, God will reward you with 70 virgins, 70 marriages, and everlasting pleasure if you do.” The truth is that Wardeh was defrauding his recruits, because the prize in Paradise for martyrs is 72 virgins, not 72 virgins.
The narrative of suicide bombers and their heavenly rewards has been told over and over again in the media since September 11, and Muslim academics and Western apologists for Islam have stated that suicide is prohibited in Islam.
They include things that were done in his presence that he did not ban, as well as the authoritative statements and actions of his associates.
As a substitute for suicide, martyrdom is celebrated, encouraged, and encouraged everywhere: “By the Being in Whose Hand my life is, I love that it should be murdered in the way of Allah; then I love that it should be brought back to life and be killed again in His way,” says one Muslim.
- It is detailed in considerable sensory detail in the Koran and the Traditions; for example, in Koran sura 56 verses 12-40, sura 55 verses 54-56, and sura 76 verses 12-22, among other places.
- As a reward for their achievements, the dark-eyed houris, as chaste as hidden jewels, will be theirs.
- Since many pudic and humiliated Muslims have claimed that there has been a mistranslation and that the word “virgins” should be substituted with the word “angels,” I want to emphasize this point.
- There are four instances of the term hur in the Koran, and it is typically translated as “a maiden with black eyes.” There are two things that should be mentioned.
The 72 virgins in heaven are mentioned in a Hadith (Islamic Tradition) collected by Al-Tirmidhi (died 892 CE) in the Book of Sunan (volume IV, chapters on The Features of Paradise as described by the Messenger of Allah, chapter 21, About the Smallest Reward for the People of Paradise, and chapter 22 on the Most Excellent Reward for the People of Paradise).
“The Prophet Muhammad was heard saying: ‘The smallest reward for the people of paradise is an abode where there are 80,000 servants and 72 wives, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine, and ruby, as wide as the distance between Al-Jabiyyah and Sana’a,'” according to Ibn Kathir (died 1373 CE), who also quotes the same hadith in his Koranic commentary (Tafsir) of Sura Despite efforts by modern apologists for Islam to downplay the obvious materialism and sexual implications of such descriptions, even orthodox Muslim theologians such as al Ghazali (died 1111 CE) and Al-Ash’ari (died 935 CE) have “admitted sensual pleasures into paradise,” according to the Encyclopaedia of Islam.
- As described by Al-Suyuti (d.
- He penned the following: “Every time we sleep with an houri, we discover that she is a virgin.
- The erection lasts forever, and the pleasure you get every time you make love is totally amazing and out of this world, and if you were to have this experience in this world, you would pass out from exhaustion.
- With the potential exception of St Augustine before to his conversion, it is impossible to conceive any of the Church fathers writing as ecstatically about heavenly sex as al-Suyuti did during his lifetime.
- Long before the invention of photography, scholars observed that these images are clearly drawn pictures that must have been influenced by the art of painting.
One such piece of literature that has had an impact on the imagery contained in the Koran is the Hymns on Paradise, composed by Ephrem the Syrian in Syriac, which is an Aramaic dialect and the language of Eastern Christianity, as well as a Semitic language that is closely connected to Hebrew and Arabic.
Even though Christoph Luxenberg’s book, Die Syro-Aramaische Lesart des Koran, was published just over a year ago, it has already received a warm reception, particularly among scholars who are fluent in a number of Semitic languages at universities such as Princeton, Yale, Berlin, Potsdam, Erlangen, Aix-en-Provence, and the Oriental Institute in Beirut.
- Luxenberg attempts to demonstrate that numerous ambiguities in the Koran are eliminated if specific terms are read as Syriac, rather than Arabic, in the original text.
- As a result of Luxenberg’s novel interpretation, which draws on the Hymns of Ephrem the Syrian, “white raisins” of “crystal clarity” are produced rather than doe-eyed, eternally willing virgins – the houris – as a result of the houris.
- It is accepted implicitly that the term “raisin” refers to a white color in Syriac when the word har is used as a feminine plural adjective.
- Because Luxenberg’s work has just recently been published, we must wait for a scientific appraisal of it before making any judgments regarding it.
The common era is a historical dating approach that can be used instead of the Christian era.
Do female suicide bombers get 72 virgins too?
On Monday morning, two female suicide bombers detonated explosives in a Moscow subway station during rush hour, killing themselves and more than three dozen other people. Officials in Russia believe that Islamic extremists are involved. In 2007, Michelle Tsai studied what rewards could await female martyrs in paradise. The original article is reproduced below. Afemale suicide bomberdetonated a vest loaded with explosives at a university in Baghdad Sunday, killing more than 40 people. If male martyrs may expect to meet 72 virgin maidens in heaven when they die, what rewards canfemale suicide bombersexpect?
The Quran itself details little about the intricacies of the hereafter, although it does state that believers will findhuris, or maidens “ with modest glance, whom no man nor jinni will have touched before them.” (Every believer can end up in heaven; martyrs just get there faster.) Respected commentator Al-Tirmidhi declared in ahadiththat every man will have six dozenhurisin paradise, while relatively few commentators itemized the prizes for women.
- Ninth-century philosopher Al-Tabarani did propose that women will be reunited with their spouses in the next life, and those who had several husbands can chose the greatest one to be their everlasting spouse.
- They disputed whether men remained wedded to their wives in heaven, if they might have intercourse with the virgins, and whether the heavenly virgins had anuses.
- While Al-Tirmidhi said it was 72, Mulla Ali Qari, an 11 th- century imam, counted 70 virgins and two human wives.
- The meaning of the wordhuris also open to interpretation, since it reads as “ white raisins ” when translated as a Syriac rather than Arabic word.
- The fact that they fasted and worshipped Allah during their earthly lives will also make them superior to the virgins, who only exist in heaven.
- That may explain why some would-be female suicide bombers have spoken of becoming “ chief of the 72 virgins, the fairest of the fair.” Got a question about today’s news?
- Explainer thanks Sherry Lowrance of the University of Georgia and Christoph Reuter ofSternmagazine.
- Follow us onTwitter.
‘Raisins,’ not ‘Virgins,’ Quran scholars say
In heaven, or paradise, it is stated that Muslim martyrs would be rewarded with 72 virgins in exchange for their sacrifice. However, an increasing number of Quranic experts and Islamic theologians are questioning the interpretation of the text. “Virgin” in the Quran is translated as “raisin,” according to Irshad Manji, a Canadian author and Quran scholar who appeared on CNN’s “Why They Hate Us” special episode in 2016. “There is no guarantee of 72 virgins, 70 virgins, or 48 virgins in the Quran.
- The term meaning raisin, not virgin, was the original word used in the Quran, according to the translation.
- “The Arabic language was born as a written language with the Koran, and there’s emerging evidence that many of the terms were Syriac or Aramaic,” writes columnist Nicholas Kristof of the New York Times.
- According to Kristof, the word hur in Aramaic means ‘white,’ and the phrase hur grapes was often used to refer to white grapes.
- But Muslim extremists view the Koran—every word of it—as the divinely inspired word of God, and they have ruthlessly assaulted freethinking academics as heretics in the name of Islam.
The result has been an intimidation of Muslim academics as well as the transmission of Islam through narrow-minded radicals,” Kristof explained. Inquirer Investigations The New York Times and CNN were used as sources.
Continue readingDon’t miss out on the most recent news and information! Subscribe to the INQUIRER PLUS publication. if you want to gain access to The Philippine Daily Inquirerand over 70 other publications, share up to 5 devices with others, hear the news, download articles as early as 4am, and share stories on social media. Call +44 (0)896 6000.
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries,contact us.
Unfortunately, there is some bad news for all of those who want martyrdom in order to finally obtain “72 virgins in paradise.” There are no virgins available for them at all; instead, there are raisins available to them. According to Irshad Manji, a Canadian author and scholar of the holy Quran, the term “virgin” in the Quran originally meant raisin. Globalnation has created a tale for you. inquirer. Using the example of a CNN broadcast, the author claims that Manji has discovered differences in the interpretation of the text.
- The Arabic term meaning ‘virgin’ has been incorrectly translated into English.
- “In other words, martyrs would receive raisins in paradise rather than virgins,” Manji said further.
- She describes herself as a progressive researcher, yet she frequently finds herself in the middle of a dispute because she challenges dominant viewpoints.
- According to Kristof, the word hur in Aramaic means ‘white,’ and the phrase hur grapes was often used to refer to white grapes.
- The Quran compares them to pearls and crystals, and heaven is portrayed as being abundant with fruits, primarily white grapes, according to the verse.
- The result has been an intimidation of Muslim academics as well as the transmission of Islam through narrow-minded radicals,” Kristof explained.
- Okay, let’s let them to think about virgins for the next 72 hours.
“The virgins are beckoning you,” wrote Mohamed Atta, reassuringly, to his fellow hijackers immediately before the September 11th attacks. It has long been a tenet of Islam that Muslim martyrs would ascend to heaven and marry 72 black-eyed virgins, according to tradition. But an increasing quantity of critical study on the Koran leads to a paradise that is more spiritual than sensuous – as well as a turn away from fundamentalism and toward the revival of the Islamic world, which is a significant development.
Others have expressed their interpretations more explicitly; for example, al-Suyuti wrote that sex in paradise is “virtually continuous and so glorious that if you were to experience it in this world, you would faint.” Another wrote that sex in paradise is “virtually continuous and so glorious that if you were to experience it in this world, you would faint.” However, historians, linguists, and archaeologists have been using the same methods to the Bible for almost 150 years, and they are now beginning to use the same tools to the Koran.
- The outcomes are very spectacular.
- A major reason for this is because the Arabic language was given birth to as a written language with the Koran, and there is mounting evidence that many of the terms were derived from Syriac or Aramaic.
- However, the word hur in Aramaic meant “white,” and it was widely used to refer to “white grapes.” Some martyrs may find a cluster of grapes upon their arrival in heaven to be a disappointment.
- Doctor Luxenberg’s study, which has received widespread praise from academics, also alters the interpretation of a passage that is commonly used to justify the need that women wear veils.
- Others believe that this merely implies he was not “of the book,” in the sense that he was neither Christian nor Jewish, and that this simply indicates he was neither a Christian or a Jew.
Only when people are able to debate issues without fear of being judged by others – when religious taboos are broken down – can intellectual inquiry lead to scientific discovery, economic revolution, and the rise of powerful new civilizations, as seen throughout history over the last three thousand years.
- He referred to the new study on early Islam as “a first step” toward a broader intellectual awakening in the region.
- Muslim academics have been threatened as a result, and Islam has frequently been propagated through fundamentalists with restricted perspectives.
- On my blog, I’ve been engaged in a spirited debate with followers of the Christian fundamentalist “Left Behind” television show.
- Islamic feminists are rising to push for more gender-equal interpretations of religion in the context of modern society.
- Scholars from Tunisia and Germany are working together on a new critical edition of the Koran that will be based on the oldest manuscripts.
- The breaking of the often erroneous links in the religious tradition, according to Dr.
- The international community has a vested interest in seeing the Islamic world rise to its feet once more.
- William Safire is taking a break from work.
How Muslims Lie About Islam’s Promise of 72 Virgins in Heaven
The most recent update was made on August 23, 2021 by
- Despite the fact that Muslims feel humiliated by the promise of 72 virgins in heaven, Their solution to this is to deceive non-Muslims about this afterlife promise that they have received.
The exploitation of women and the practice of sex slavery has been a key motive for the development of Islam. Yet another aspect of this sexual incentive that dates back to the early beginnings of Islam is the promise of almost limitless and eternal sex in the hereafter, which is provided as a reward to those who sacrifice their lives for Islam. This truth is humiliating to Muslims, therefore they lie to non-Muslims about the promise of 72 virgins in the hereafter for those who fight and die for Islam in order to gain sympathy.
Despite this, Muslims maintain that the promise of 72 virgins is a fiction.
Our References for This Article
For our references for this page, as well as other Brightwork-related publications, please consult this link at any point in time.
The Evidence for Mohammed Promising 72 Virgins
The following video addresses the promise of 72 virgins in paradise, which is addressed in the previous video. After 11:50 minutes, a Muslim apologist deceives the audience by claiming that they have been promised 72 virgins when in fact they have only been promised 172 raisins. This is what many Muslims would like us to think Mohammed promised martyrs in the hereafter, and it is something we should consider. This is something to consider as we go through the quotes about what Muslim martyrs would do with their “raisins.” Take a look at the following deception about the subject of translation.
– The United Nations As I previously stated, simply read the following quotations and decide whether or not you think that raisins and grapes appear to “make more sense.” The following is said by David Wood.
Apparently, Muslims will marry houris, according to the text.
They will have lovely eyes and enormous breasts, and they will be in love with their spouses, according to the horoscope.
How ISIS Translates Houri.and it is Not Raisins
It is strange that ISIS, like Mohammed and numerous other Muslim leaders before him, has leveraged the promises of 72 virgins to attract new recruits for their organization. According to some, promising 72 virgins is more successful than offering 72 raisins, for whatever reason. However, as indicated in the following passage, this has resulted in backlash from the present spouses of ISIS members, who are sometimes envious of these promised virgins. IS, like other violent “jihadi” groups, entices men to join their ranks by promising them that, if they die in combat and get to heaven, they would be awarded 72 virgins who will remain eternally youthful and beautiful forever.
- However, for IS brides, who are persuaded that after death, they will be reunited with their deceased husbands in paradise – once he has settled down with his houris — this is not a tempting proposition at all.
- A poem written by a support group for IS spouses and widows on the Russian social networking site VKontakte discusses the troublesome subject of houris in an open and honest manner.
- The houris who shout out to you every time you go into war make me envious.” I’m envious of them because they might be able to meet you sooner than I do.
- Other ISIS brides have coped with the houri issue in a variety of different ways.
- “The houris have never had to deal with the problems and challenges that come with being a sister on our planet.
They have never had to deal with the challenges that come with being submissive to their spouses!” — Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty Test your ability to distinguish between what ISIS is doing in the present day and what Mohammed and his disciples were doing in the 7th century.
The Reality of What Mohammed Promised in Heaven
However, while the promise of 72 virgins is the most frequently cited, it is only a portion of the whole pledge made by Mohammed to his followers. The following is the complete text of his commitment. “The smallest reward for the people of Heaven is an abode where there are eighty thousand servants (emphasis added) and seventy-two houri, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine, and ruby, as wide as the distance between al-Jabiyyah and San’a,” according to the Sunni hadith scholar Tirmidhi.
In Allah’s eyes, the martyr has six things to contend with.
Paradise is not explicitly mentioned in the Quran, and there is no explicit reference of sexual encounters in Paradise.
Commentators on the Quran According to Sunni accounts, the houris, like other men and women in Paradise, do not have to go to the bathroom, defecate, or go through menstrual cycles.
Ibn Abi Awfa remarked, “May Allah be happy with him,” which means “may Allah be pleased with him.” “Every man from the People of Paradise will be married off to four thousand virgins, eight thousand slave-girls, and one hundred wide-eyed maidens of Paradise,” the Messenger of Allah, upon whom be blessings and peace, stated.
(emphasis added) We are the eternal ladies, we will never get old, we are the refined women, we will never grow sour, we are the ever-satisfied women, we will never be angry, we are the sedentary women, we will never go away, blessings to him who is for us and we are for him!” – Wikipedia Islam
The Letter of Intimidation Based Upon a Jihadi Army
As described in this letter, the afterlife paradise was not only utilized to attract new members, but it was also employed to scare opponents. Following his arrival in Mesopotamia, he delivered messengers to every governor and deputy governor who presided over the provinces. “In the name of Allah, the Most Compassionate and Merciful,” the messages said. This is the message that Khalid ibn Walid sends to the satraps of Persia. He who heeds the instructions will find himself in peace. God alone deserves all acclaim and appreciation for dispersing your strength and foiling your false schemes.
He is endowed with the same rights and responsibilities that we are.
You have my assurance that I will respect and follow our agreement. But if you refuse to consent to any option, then I will send to you individuals who desire death as much as you desire life, according to Allah.” (I have underlined the importance)
Slaves in the Paradise?
This video discusses how the Zodiac murderer was mad because he would write about slaves in the afterlife from the victims that he murdered, which led to his eventual conviction. Take a look at what the Zodiac killer wrote in the note that was translated. When I die, I will go to paradise even sooner since I now have enough slaves to labor for me, but everyone else will have nothing when they reach paradise — which is why they are terrified of death — I will die because I know that my new existence will be an easy one in paradise death.
There is a contrast in that, according to the belief system of the Zodiac murderer, one must kill those who will be used as slaves by him in the hereafter.
But while we note that the Zodiac killer was a psychopath, Muslims, liberals, and members of the establishment media immediately leap to the defense, claiming that the promise of 72 virgins in the hereafter (along with all of the other captives) is “Islamophobic.” Another oddity is that the Zodiac murderer used the phrase “in paradise” to describe the afterlife, which raises the question of why he did so.
- This is not a phrase that is commonly used in the other major religions, but it is in usage in the Islamic religion.
- In addition, there would have been a disproportionately small number of Muslims living in the Bay Area throughout the late 1960s and early 1970s.
- All of this is done for a single, basic reason: to encourage those who wish to fight and die in the name of Allah.
- For deceiving non-Muslims with the promise of 72 virgins, Muslims have earned our Golden Pinocchio Award for deception.
- Why would the promise of 72 raisins be made in the afterlife?
The fact that this falsehood is so blatant is what makes it so fantastic. There are a plethora of interpretations of this promise, all of them are focused on virgins. Except for those who are deceiving non-Muslims, no one genuinely believes that the translation for houri is “raisin.” Let’s take a peek at what the houri are doing right now. Does raisins have “urination, feces, or menstrual periods”? No. The rationale for this is to ensure that the houri never have any “downtime” and are always ready to have sex with their partners.
- Afterwards, he utilizes his 100x sexual drive on his 72 virgins to his advantage.
- After having intercourse with the virgin houri, the Muslims reclaim their virginity and become virgins once more.
- Isn’t this all sounding like something that raisins would do?
- It also demonstrates that Muslims are willing to utter any falsehood, which is referred to as partaking in Taqiyya, in order to deceive non-Muslims since they do not want non-Muslims to know about this because it is plainly extremely embarrassing for them.
As a result of listening to this ludicrous account, one has to question how Muslim ladies can maintain their faith in Islam.
72 Black-Eyed Virgins?
An episode of CBS’s 60 Minutes broadcast about the Palestinian Islamist movement Hamas about two weeks before the attacks on New York City and Washington, D.C., according to the network. Reporter Bob Simon conducted an interview with Hamas operative Muhammad Abu Wardeh, who was responsible for recruiting terrorists for suicide attacks in Israel, according to the report. His statements were as follows when translated into English: “I explained to him how God would repay the martyr who gave his life in defense of his homeland.
Several Muslim organizations, including the Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC), a U.S.-based organization, wrote to 60 Minutes in order to demand that the show retract its statement, apologize, and provide an opportunity on the show for Islamic scholars to explain the true teachings of their religion on violence and martyrdom.
Both Hafez Al-Mirazi Osman, the Washington bureau head of the Al-Jazeera television network, and Dr.
According to Hathout, the term “angel” or “heavenly entity” would be a more acceptable translation.
Moreover, Hathout stated in a published article that “there is nothing in the Koran or in Islamic teachings concerning 70 virgins or sexual encounters in Paradise.” The fact that this is ludicrous is well known by any real Muslim.” It was Sheikh Abd Al-Hadi Palazzi, director of the Cultural Institute of the Italian Islamic Community, who took exception to the allegations made by Maryati and Hathout.
“The only thing that is ridiculous is that someone who claims to be a ‘Islamic scholar’ makes public statements that prove beyond any reasonable doubt that he has never read the Tafsiror Ibn Kathir and the Sunanof Imam Al-Tirmidhi, which are fundamental books for the knowledge of Islam,” Sheikh Palazzi wrote.
- The Prophet Muhammad is quoted as stating, “The least recompense for the people of Paradise is an abode where there are 80,000 slaves and 72 wives, above which sits a dome decked with pearls, aquamarine, and ruby,” in Surah Al-Rahman (55), verse 72, according to Ibn Kathir’s Tafsir.
- The “black-eyed” are also mentioned in verse 74 of the same Surah, as well as three other Surahs in the Koran: Al-Dukhan 54, Al-Tur 20, and Al-Waqi’a Women with ‘downcast eyes,’ that is, women who are chaste, are described in three Surahs.
- The Koran describes them as ‘like sapphire and pearls’ (Al-Rahman 58) in terms of their value, color, and purity, and compares them to sapphire and pearls in terms of their beauty and enormous quantity.
- When the ladies of this world are elderly and worn out, Allah transforms them into virgins who are agreeable to their spouses when they have reached old age.
- In his opinion, the Koran passages are nothing more than folklore, and that such descriptions of Paradise are not meant to be taken literally, just as many Christians do not believe that Heaven has “streets paved with gold.” Dr.
- * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * What about Muslim residents in conflict-torn places where Jihad has been declared, such as the West Bank and Gaza Strip?
- The announcements of martyrs’ deaths in the Palestinian press frequently take the form of wedding announcements rather than burial announcements.
- As an example, “Wail ‘Awad’s mother, from Deir El-Balah, did not want to conduct a second wedding for her eldest son following his marriage to his fiancée on August 10, 2001, in a small ceremony attended solely by family members,” according to the report.
- “I will make my body a bomb that will blast the flesh of Zionists, the sons of pigs and monkeys.
- “Allah Akhbar,” his pupils exclaimed in return, and his teacher exclaimed, “May the virgins give you joy.” According to a 16-year-old Hamas youth commander in a Gaza refugee camp, “Most lads can’t stop thinking about the virgins,” as Kelley was told.
- The Palestinian Authority Mufti Sheikh ‘Ikria Sabri was asked what he felt when praying for the soul of a martyr in an interview with the Egyptian dailyAl-Ahram Al-Arabi.
Deputy Chief Mufti (a professional jurist who interprets Islamic law) of the Palestinian Authority police force, Sheikh Abd Al-Salam Abu Shukheydem, has defined the awards for martyrs as follows: The first drop of his blood is spilled, and he is immediately relieved of the pain of his wounds and forgiven of all his sins; he sees his seat in Paradise; he is saved from the torment of the grave; he is saved from the great horror of Judgment Day; he marries “the black-eyed”; he vouches for 70 of his family members; he receives the crown of honor, the precious stone of which In a letter to Dr.
Yunis Al-Astal, a lecturer in the Islamic Law Department at Gaza Islamic University, he wrote, “The Americans and the eunuchs at their sides.believe that if they kill us, they will win.
In comparison, the value of this world in which we live.is, in our opinion, not worth the wing of a mosquito.” “The value of this world in which we live.is not worth the wing of a mosquito.” * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * In an interview with the Israeli newspaper Ha’aretz, Sheikh Raid Salah, the leader of the Islamic Movement in Israel and the most important political and religious leader of Israel’s Arab population, was asked the question, “Do 70 virgins await ashahidin Paradise?” Sheikh Raid Salah responded affirmatively.
- In response, Sheikh Salah stated, “We have proof in this situation.
- “The situation is quite clear.” It was also believed that “the black-eyed” were one of the rewards that would be waiting for them in Paradise by the suicide bombers who carried out the September 11 attacks.
- It is important to know that the gardens will be decked up for you with the most beautiful ornaments, and that “the black-eyed” will cry out to you after donning their finest clothing, “Come, loyal of Allah.” Is “the black-eyed” a woman who can be had for sex?
- The Israeli media reported on a suicide bomber who was apprehended before he could complete his mission; he was dressed in a towel as a loincloth to conceal his genitals in preparation for his mission in Paradise.
- “It is sufficient for us to know that Paradise provides satisfaction for the spirit and pleasure for the eyes,” remarked Tantawi.
During a review of the Egyptian press published in the London-based daily Al-Quds Al-Arabi, veteran Egyptian journalist Hasanain Kurum explained that Sheikh Tantawi purposefully gave a vague answer to the question in order to avoid a scandal similar to that which was sparked a few years earlier by the late author and journalist Muhammad Galal Al-Kushk.
In addition, Al-Sushk added, according to Kurum, “In Paradise, a believer’s penis remains perpetually erect.” * * * This is an extract from a much lengthier piece of writing. Visit to read the whole, unabridged version, which includes all of the source citations.
Will My IS Militant Husband Prefer His Houris Over Me When He’s Dead?
60 Minutes, a CBS newsmagazine, broadcast a piece on the Palestinian Islamist movement Hamas two weeks before the attacks on New York City and Washington, D.C. A Hamas agent, Muhammad Abu Wardeh, was questioned by reporter Bob Simon. Abu Wardeh recruited terrorists for suicide bombs in Israel. His statements were as follows when translated into English: “I explained to him how God would repay the martyr who gave his life in defense of his homeland. ” God will reward you with 70 virgins, 70 brides, and everlasting pleasure if you choose to be a martyr.
Several Muslim organizations, including the Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC), a U.S.-based organization, wrote to 60 Minutes in order to demand that the show retract its statement, apologize, and provide an opportunity on the show for Islamic scholars to explain the true teachings of their religion about violence and martyrdom.
According to two native Arabic speakers, Hafez Al-Mirazi Osman, the Washington bureau head of the Al-Jazeera television network, and Dr.
According to Hathout, “angel” or “heavenly entity” would be more accurate translations.
“There is nothing in the Koran or Islamic teachings regarding 70 virgins or sex in Paradise,” Hathout continued in a published article.
“The only thing that is ridiculous is that someone who claims to be a ‘Islamic scholar’ makes public statements that prove beyond any reasonable doubt that he has never read the Tafsiror Ibn Kathir and the Sunanof Imam Al-Tirmidhi, which are fundamental books for the study of Islam,” Sheikh Palazzi wrote.
Not just for a martyr, but for every believer who is allowed to Paradise, according to Sheikh Palazzi, there are 72 women waiting for them.
The “black-eyed” are also mentioned in verse 74 of the same Surah, as well as in three other Surahs of the Koran: Al-Dukhan 54, Al-Tur 20, and Al-Waqi Women with ‘downcast eyes,’ that is, women who are chaste, are described in three Surahs.
Deputy head of the Center for Islamic Studies at Al-Azhar, Sheikh Abd Al-Fattah Gam’an, has written: “According to the Koran, believers in Paradise will be given ‘the black-eyed,’ as Allah has said.” In addition, the black of their eyes is darker than black and the white is whiter than white, making them known as “the black-eyed.” They are also known as “the black-eyed.” The Koran describes them as ‘like sapphire and pearls’ (Al-Rahman 58) in terms of their worth, color, and purity, and compares them to sapphire and pearls (Al-Rahman 58).
- Even though the majority of the “dark-eyed” were made in Paradise, a few of them are women from this world who are devout Muslims.
- Along with ‘the black-eyed’ of Paradise, the Muslim’s wives from this world, if they are among the inhabitants of Paradise, will stand by his side in Paradise.
- Hathout believes that the Koran passages are nothing more than mythology.
- It is common for the Palestinian press to publish death announcements for martyrs in the form of wedding announcements rather than burial announcements.
As an example, “Wail ‘Awad’s mother, from Deir El-Balah, did not want to organize a second wedding for her eldest son following his marriage to his fiancée on August 10, 2001, in a small ceremony attended solely by family, as she had done for his younger brother.” But yesterday was Wail’s genuine wedding day, and the angels of the merciful wedded him, together with themartyrs, to ‘the black eyed,’ while all around rose the shouts of joy that his mother had wished for on the day of his wedding.” A ceremony honoring Izz Al-Din Al-Misri, who carried out the suicide bombing of the Sbarro pizzeria in central Jerusalem on August 9, 2001, was described by a Hamas official as follows: “His relatives distributed sweets and accepted their son as a bridegroom married to ‘the black-eyed,’ not as someone who had been killed and was being laid to rest.” From kindergarten onward, the Hamas movement indoctrinated its students into believing that a martyr will be rewarded with virgins in Paradise.
“I will make my body a bomb that will blast the flesh of Zionists, the sons of pigs and monkeys.
‘Allah Akhbar,’ his students cried out in return, as his instructor exclaimed: ‘May the virgins bring you happiness.’ ‘The majority of males can’t stop thinking about virgins,’ according to a 16-year-old Hamas youth commander at a Gaza refugee camp, according to Kelley.
The Palestinian Authority Mufti Sheikh ‘Ikria Sabri was asked what he felt when praying for the soul of a martyr in an interview with the Egyptian newspaperAl-Ahram Al-Arabi.
” In the words of Sheikh Abd Al-Salam Abu Shukheydem, Chief Mufti (a professional jurist who interprets Islamic law) of the Palestinian Authority police force, martyrs are rewarded in the following ways: “From the moment the first drop of his blood is spilled, he no longer feels the pain of his wounds and he is forgiven of all his sins; he sees his seat in Paradise; he is saved from the torment of the grave; he is saved from the great horror of Judgment Day; he marries ‘the black-eyed’; he vouches for 70 of his family members; he gains the crown of honor, the In a letter to Dr.
Yunis Al-Astal, a lecturer in the Islamic Law Department at Gaza Islamic University, he wrote, “The Americans and the eunuchs at their sides.believe that if they murder us, they would triumph.
However, we believe that this world in which we live.is not worth the wing of a mosquito.” “On the other hand, we believe that this world in which we live.is not worth the wing of a mosquito.” * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * “Do 70 virgins await ashahidin Paradise?” was the question posed to Sheikh Raid Salah, the chairman of the Islamic Movement in Israel and the most significant political and religious leader of Israel’s Arab community, in an interview with the Israeli daily Ha’aretz.
“We have proof on this issue,” Sheikh Salah said.
There are no doubts in my mind about this.” The suicide bombers who carried out the September 11 attacks were similarly under the impression that “the black-eyed” were one of the rewards that awaited them in Paradise.
It is important to remember that the gardens will be decked up for you with the most beautiful ornaments, and that “the black-eyed” will cry out to you after donning their finest clothing, “Come, loyal of Allah.” Interested in having sex with “the black-eyed” Some people appear to believe they are correct in their assumptions.
In an interview with the Sheikh of Al-Azhar, Muhammad Sayyed Tantawi, who was published in the Egyptian monthly Aakher Sa’a, the issue of sexual relations was also brought up, among other things.
“As for other, private concerns, only Allah is aware of them.” During a review of the Egyptian press published in the London-based daily Al-Quds Al-Arabi, veteran Egyptian journalist Hasanain Kurum explained that Sheikh Tantawi purposely gave a vague answer to the question in order to avoid a scandal similar to that which was sparked a few years earlier by the late author and journalist Muhammad Galal Al-Kushk.
“The males in Paradise have sexual intercourse with the ladies and with ‘the black-eyed,’ but they also have sexual relations with the serving boys,” Al-Kushk said.
A believer’s penis will remain erect in Paradise, according to Kurum’s interpretation of Al-Sushk. An extract from a much lengthier article is provided below. Visit to read the whole unabridged version, which includes all of the source citations.
CNN.com – Why young Muslims line up to die
|Martyrs are openly celebrated on the streets of Gaza and the West Bank.
(CNN) – The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is urging farmers to plant more than a million acres of crops this year. When Amrozi, the Bali bomber who was condemned to death by firing squad earlier this month, spun around and raised his two thumbs in the air in triumph. “I’m hoping for a martyr’s death,” Amrozi declared during his trial in Denpasar, which took place following the October nightclub explosions in Bali. ” An East Java village mechanic, 40, was overjoyed because he had a chance to join an increasing number of Muslims from Gaza, Iraq, and Afghanistan who were prepared to die as martyrs in the sake of Islam, according to the mechanic’s mother.
In the late 1990s, Pakistani journalist Nasra Hassan conducted approximately 250 interviews with prospective bombers, their families, and their trainers from within militant Palestinian camps, which were shown on Pakistani television.
In order to be considered for martyrdom, candidates were informed that the first drop of blood shed by a martyr would wipe away their sins.
|A giant potrait of an unidentified Palestinian martyr in Gaza city.|
However, suicide and the death of innocent people are prohibited under Islamic law, and numerous organizations, such as Saudi Arabia’s Council of Senior Clerics, have stated that terrorist activities have no “religious justification.” (Terrorists are condemned by Saudi clergy) The jihad, or fight, is regarded as a holy pillar of Islam. According to scholars, the bigger portion of jihad is the internal struggle to defeat the devil within one’s own spirit, whereas the lesser element of jihad is the war against those who seek to oppress Muslim communities.
- He asserted that Muslims were being attacked.
- Suicide assaults were considered the deadliest weapon in this “Holy War,” a weapon that could not only infiltrate “enemy territory” and kill, but also create terror, horror, and revulsion in the hearts of those who witnessed them.
- Charismatic but radical Islamic leaders increased their recruiting efforts in response to a growing call to weapons, focusing their efforts on religious schools such as madrasah in Pakistan and pesantren in Indonesia, in an effort to satisfy the growing demand for weaponry.
- In the end, Goldberg discovered, students came to perceive the world as split into two domains: the peaceful universal community of Muslims (“the abode of peace”), and everywhere else (the “the abode of war”).
Following the September 11 attacks, the United States was perceived as a spiritually corrupt society that was antagonistic to Islam. This perception was exacerbated after Washington proclaimed a “War on Terrorism” in response to the attacks.
|Bin Laden has been a large influence on the rising tide of martyrs.|
While not all were recruited in this manner – indeed many potential martyrs in Southeast Asia were educated with jobs – a fringe of Muslims became united in their belief they were being persecuted in a time of war, and the best way to change this was to die.Following the arrests of 31 members of the Jemaah Islamiyah (JI) terror network in Singapore, the government released a paper detailing just how such groups cultivated these mindsets.Leaders from JI, an al Qaeda-linked group seeking to set up a pan-Islamic state spanning Southeast Asia, eyed captivated students at mass gatherings.
They then indoctrinated those deemed suitable into the clandestine group over 18 months.During that time they were taught “JI-speak.” Those who believed in the “truth” of JI doctrine became closer to Allah.
And anyone who left the group was called an infidel.Not only did these teachings foster a sense of superiority over outsiders and a strong group mentality that made it difficult to quit, the Singapore report said, but the psychologists interviewing the detainees said many JI members turned to the leaders to find a “no-fuss” path to Heaven.They wanted to be convinced that they had found “true Islam” and free themselves from the endless searching.
Especially since they believed they could not go wrong, as the JI leaders had quoted from holy texts.